Get ready to bite into a sweet, cream-filled, crunchy filo layered pie called bougatsa, fork into perfectly fried doughnut balls drenched in honey called loukoumades and savor a satisfying meld of flavors from warm pita bread filled with seasoned grilled meat, fresh veggies and a traditional sauce called gyros. Your guide will lead you through the bustling Athens Central Market, a historic food market unlike any other in Europe!
Max 16 persons
Operated daily except on Sundays (block out dates: January 1st – New Year’s Day, January 2nd, January 6th- Epiphany, February 28th- Shrove Monday, March 25th – National Holiday, April 26th – Greek Orthodox Good Friday, April 28th – Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday, April 29th – Greek Orthodox Easter Monday, April 30th – Greek Orthodox Easter Tuesday, May 1st – Labor Day, August 11th to August 19th, October 28th- National Holiday, December 25th & 26th – Christmas)
Duration 3 hours 30 min
Guide: Local Food specialist guide
- Visit the Athens Central Market.
- Stroll through off-the-beaten-path areas in the city.
- Discover where Athenians shop and eat in a lively neighborhood.
- Learn about the Mediterranean diet.
- Sample Greek savories and sweets.
- Athens Guide magazine.
- Athens Map.
- Food specialist guide.
- Food and beverages sampling.
- Hotel pick up and drop off.
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost).
- 49€ per adult
- 44€ per teenager/student
- 34€ per child (6-11 yrs)
- Free for infant (0-5 yrs)
NOTE: Prices of the entrance tickets are subject to changes without prior notice.